From: Wednesday, February 15, 2023
To: Wednesday, February 22, 2023
The two main parades should not be missed.
- Sunday 19th February
- Tuesday 21st February
Sitges hotels fill fast in this small town
To get the best deals and save up to 70%
Book your hotel early
Share This Page
Discover Sitges Wildest Party.
Carnival has to be Sitges’ wildest party. Even though it is on in February it is still the hottest party in town! On the most popular days you will find thousands of partygoers dancing on the major streets across the town.
The busy months of July and August look positively dead! Gay boys and girls from the 4 corners of the world descend on our little town and party the week away!
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Thursday 16th February 2023
- The Arrival of the Carnival King
- The King will arrive at 18.30 at Placa Vidal i Quadras before making his way to the Miramar Building along C.Barcelona. The King will then make his way to the town hall via the following route: Baluard Vidal i Quadras, Fonollar, Port De n’Alegre, Rafael Llopart, Sant Damià, Àngel Vidal, Cap de la Vila, Major and arriva at la plaça De L’ajuntament.(The Town hall)
- At 8.30pm, the King will assume control of the town hall and read his proclamation.
Saturday 18th February 2023
- Note – this route is a major change from previous years and begins at Parc Can Robert, close to where the Mon Bus Stop is as you enter sitges from under the train bridge/car tunnel.
- 12.00h – The annual Crazy Bed Race, which takes the following route:
Victor Balaguer, Salvador i Forment, Pepe De Garraf, Joan Martínez i Sardà, and finishing at Víctor Balaguer
Sunday 19th February 2023
- 7.00pm – “Disbauxa” Parade Défilé de la Disbauxa (Rua de la Disbauxa) Route: The parade will exit from the end of Avinguda Sofia, Passeig de la Ribera (sea side), La Fragata, Passeig de la Ribera (mountain side), Bassa Rodona, Plaça del Pou Vedre, and Espalter
Tuesday 21st March 2023
- 7.00pm – “Extermination” Parade Défilé de l’Extermini (Rua de l’Extermini) – “Disbauxa” The parade will exit from the end of Avinguda Sofia, Passeig de la Ribera (sea side), La Fragata, Passeig de la Ribera (mountain side), Bassa Rodona, Plaça del Pou Vedre, and Espalter
Wednesday 22nd February 2023
- 7pm – The Burial of the King Taking the following route – Town Hall Square, C / Major, Cap de la Vila, c / de les Parellades, c / Bonaire, Passeig de la Ribera. At 8 pm the last will and testament of the King will be read and the carnival will be officially closed in a spectacular Farewell Ceremony via the following route- Passeig de la Ribera, c / Bonaire, c / Parellades and Cap de la Vila – where the Manifest de la Verdura will be read.
The Sunday and Tuesday Parade Route
Sitges Gay Carnival
The Sitges Gay Carnival takes place 4 days before the regular Sitges Carnival begins. Jam packed with events it includes La noche rosa, Pink night, Noche de las Mantillas – where people wear traditional Spanish normally worn at weddings & funerals, Noche de las touristas, – the tourist night (great fun) and finally the Noce de las Viudas or the Widows night. Check out Soho Bar, a new arrival this year and enter the Best Costume Competition!
|Tue- 14th Feb||Parrots||Carnival Opening|
|Wed – 15th Feb||Privilege||Opening Night|
|Sun – 19th Feb||The Parade||Throughout the town|
|Mon – 20th Feb||Noche Rosa||Le Bar/Le Patio|
|Tue – 21st Feb||The Parade||Throughout the town|
|Wed – 22nd Feb||Le Bar/Parrots Pub//L’Angle/Le Patio||Widows Night|
Video of Sitges Carnival
Highlights of Sitges Carnival
Check out more photos of Sitges Carnival
Recommended Hotels in Sitges
Most of the hotels in Sitges are in the centre of the Village. The best options are on the seafront offering beautiful views of the Mediterranean.
5 Star Luxury
Located a 10 minute taxi drive from the centre of town, this is the only 5 star hotel in Sitges and one of the best!
Hotel MiM, 4 Star
Stylish & Sophisticated
New, 4 star hotel in the heart of Sitges with beautiful rooms, a skybar with pool and stunning day spa for relaxing!
Hotel Medium, 3 Star
Great Pool & Location
The Hotel Medium is located in the heart of Sitges just seconds from the centre of town with a great pool.
Hotel ME, 4 Star
Deluxe & Luxury Option
The Hotel ME Terramar Sitges is one of the finest hotels in Sitges with its own beach club and large rooms.
Sitges Group Apartments
Range of seafront apartments with great balconies.
Sleeps up to 6
Luxury apartments with great amenities and designer stye.
Selection of 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms.
Beautiful selection of apartments in a restored building.
Selection of 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom.
Urban Suite Apartments
Stunning apartments in the heart of Sitges with great amenities.
From 2 to 5 guests.
Other Events in Sitges
Scroll along for other Sitges Events – Month by Month
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Share this Event!
- Sitges in 2023July 20, 2022 - 2:26 pm
The latest from Gay Sitges for the 2023 season, the bars, dance clubs beaches and current situation, plus where to stay.
- Sitges Carnival – Changes for 2022 EventFebruary 19, 2022 - 1:33 pm
Sitges Carnival 2022 returns with some changes to the program, most notably to the parades. All of the bars and night bars have reopened.
Find a Great Place To Stay
2,574,000+ hotels, homes, apartments, and other unique places to stay...