Sitges most beautiful event.
The town of Sitges celebrates Corpus Christi every year with style! Sections of the major streets are closed to traffic for at least 24 hours. Then intricate templates are drawn on the road. Neighbors from each street gather into the small hours of morning, plucking the petals off Carnation flowers. These petals are then placed on the patterns on the road. The transformation is amazing. It has to be seen to be believed.
2021 Update and what to expect
The program for 2021 has been adapted in line with current restrictions. Details are still being finalised but will include:
- 26th May to 13th June – a special exhibition showing more than 100 photos of previous corpus processions and activities at the Can Falç de Mar, located on the seafront of Sitges close to the church.
- On Sunday, June 6th, from early morning, flower carpets will be made in the old town of Sitges. 5 flower carpets in the old town of Sitges – Plaza del Ayuntamiento, Plaza del Baluard, Mirador Miquel Utrillo y Racó de la Calma.
- From 11.00 to 18.45, on Sunday, June 6th, you can access the circuit of flower carpets and festive imagery (giants, Drac and Àliga) through the Plaza del Ayuntamiento, from Calle Mayor and exit through Calle Fonollar on the corner of Calle de Sant Joan.
- Sitges much loved Papier-mâché giants will also be on display, many of which have been recently restored.
- The flower exhibition in the gardens of the retiro will have limited capacity.
- Balconies across the town will show special flags of Corpus Christi.
- Many streets will be decorated with alternative Corpus tributes and mini floral arrangements. Last year there were some innovative designs such as paper floral displays suspended across the streets of Sitges. Expect even more innovative creations for Corpus 21.
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and great facilities.
Saturday Evening of Corpus
- From 6pm the Giants Gather at Cap de la Vila
- From around 8pm, flowers arrive and volunteers start sketching designs on the streets. They will be working on these until late into the night. You will probably see them still working as you come home from the nightclubs.
Sunday of Corpus
- Early Morning – flower carpets are being created on the streets of Sitges.
- 10:00h. Guided tour “Flowers, tradition and fiesta” organized by Agisitges. Gardens of El Retiro.
- l’Ou com Balla (Palau de Maricel Sunday 11:00-15:00h, Hospital de Sant Joan Saturday 10-14h. 16-19h. Sunday 10-15:00h. ).
- Procession of the Most Holy Sacrament, including the children of the Holy Communion, the annual Queen and members of the congregation, the Gegants, the Moixiganga, and the Àliga paper mache, dragon paper mache. The route will start at the Baluard in front of the church and continue along Mirador Miquel Utrillo, Racó de la Calma, Fonollar, Sant Joan, Davallada , Barcelona, Santiago Rusiñol, Jesús, Cap de la Vila, Parellades, Bonaire, Passeig de la Ribera, Sant Pau, Cap de la Vila, Major, Plaça de l’Ajuntament y Baluard.
Video Highlights of Corpus Sitges
Some of the best moments of the event.
Other Events in Sitges
Scroll along for other Sitges Events – Month by Month