Sitges in 2023
Sitges in 2023 – what to see, do, and events ahead.
Advanced bookings for 2023 are already ahead of 2019 levels.
Beaches in 2023
- Beaches should return to normal in 2023 with licenses awarded to all the beaches for services, (bar/restaurant/beach beds etc) including Balmins. Remember, La Caleta restaurant on Balmins is also open and quite close by.
- Beaches reopen with full services typically by Easter.
- The new beach installations proved popular this past year including the new stylish Chiringuito (Beach Bar) by the gay beach , known as Sitges Republic , Beso Beach (by the ME Hotel), and Nomada Beach by the port.
- Beach clubs outside of Sitges are definitely worth a visit including Soho House in Les Casetes del Garraf (well worth the 9 minute train journey)
- For a treat somewhere off the tracks, take a taxi to Cala Morisca, (10 mins from Balmins), naturist beach with superb restaurant, unspoilt, spotlessly clean beach
The MIM Hotel has been our top performer this year with a “Fabulous” rating.
Christmas and New Year 2022
- Check out the full list of Festive events, parties, restaurants and markets in Sitges. Celebrate Christmas twice in Sitges at the Three Kings Weekend in January.
- Advance bookings for Sitges hotels in 2023 are already at 2019 levels (pre Pandemic), and Sitges hotels with pools are especially popular.
- If you are looking to stay for bears week consider splitting your search up, as you may find availability over two different hotels.
New – Marriott Arrives in Sitges
- Marriott has opened a new hotel in Sitges, The Sabatic, a luxury offering on the top of Av Sofia (10 minute walk to the beach).
- 90 Rooms , All Rooms have balcony or terrace and their Pasatempo restaurant offers 24-hour breakfast for those that wake up late.
- The Adults only pool is the real star attraction and offers sweeping views of Sitges.
Popular Hotels from last season.
- Hotel Antemare – The hotel has one of the best pools in town (host to the official pride pool party) and reasonably close to the town centre, (10 min walk).
- ME Hotel Sitges – Rated “Fabulous” with one of the best pools in town. Some think its a little far out, however you can catch the little train and a taxi costs about EUR 8. Rooms are stunning.
- Dolce Sitges – The only 5 star hotel in town. After a 14 Million euro refurbishment in 2021, the hotels rooms have been completely refreshed and with 3 pools to choose from, you may never want to leave. It is also close to the “Magical Forest” and the first gay beach in Europe, “Playa del Muerto”.
- Sunway Playa Golf – Close to the ME Hotel, with two beautiful pools with spacious rooms and apartments and an excellent seafront restaurant.
- Consider an apartment. Sitges has some excellent condos, apartments and villas available, perfect for groups.
- Returns in 2023 with a series of parades and a new Drag Queen opening Gala.
Sitges Pride 2023
- June 14th to 18th (5 days) – After a successful return with a new stage and new program this year, Sitges Pride is set to return in 2023 with dates already confirmed.
- August 23rd – Fiesta Mayor‘s fireworks will draw even more visitors to the town after two years of restrictions.
Sitges Bear Week
- September 1st to 10th – If you are visiting for bear week, rates are high and availability is scarce. Many people are having to split their stay between two different hotels if they want to stay for the entire duration of the event.
Calle Joan Tarrida reigns supreme with outdoor terraces. Streets are packed each night from 8 pm.
Nightlife has significantly recovered, however the two main night clubs have yet to reopen. Even Bar 7, (Now 7 Lounge Bar) has reopened with a new look and new owners.
- Saturday’s – Throughout Winter Guest Drag Acts and Dancers at Soho Bar
- Sunday’s – Returns Summer 2023 – Sexy Gogo Show at XXL
- Monday’s – Returns Summer 2023 – Lady Diamond’ Singalong at Queenz Bar
- Wednesday’s – Returns Summer 2023 Viva Las Vegas, in Las Vegas Bar, Sin Street with Lady Diamond.
- Friday’s – Returns Summer 2023 – Around the world with Lady Diamond at Parrots Pub and Terrace
- Nightly – Queenz Dinner show (book well in advance)
- Nightly – Happy Hour 10pm to midnight at Bears Bar
- Weekends – ZAK Rendezvous – Live performances with Dinner Show, highly recommended.
Nightclubs and Dancing
- Privilege has changed its name to Vertigo. The bar is pretty much the same apart from the name change. It gets busy from 1am with great music and a strong French contingent.
- Still no update on late night clubs (formerly Bunker and Organic). At least one is expected to open before Pride in 2023.
- Late night options (post 3am) are Bukkake and The Sauna.
- Bear Alley still remains the principal gathering spot with Man Bar, XXL, La Villa and El Horno the chosen gathering space along with Cox which also underwent a name change and a rethink.
- Late night dancing revolves around Queenz bar primarily, Privilege and then Soho Bar.
For more information on the situation in Sitges download the app and follow our Facebook Page.
Recommended Hotels in Sitges
Most of the hotels in Sitges are in the centre of the Village. The best options are on the seafront offering beautiful views of the Mediterranean.
5 Star Luxury
Located a 10 minute taxi drive from the centre of town, this is the only 5 star hotel in Sitges and one of the best!
Hotel ME, 4 Star
Deluxe & Luxury Option
The Hotel ME Terramar Sitges is one of the finest hotels in Sitges with its own beach club and large rooms.