Sitges Travel Advisory
Gay Sitges Guide will bring you up to date information on Sitges as and when we receive it regarding the travel situation in Spain.
UPDATE – May 2021
- Bars and restaurants. Bars and restaurants will be able to open from 6 am to midnight, effective from May 20.
- Capacity is capped at 50% indoors while there are no limits placed on outdoor seating. Up to 6 people will be allowed to sit together at the same table except for larger groups of members of the same household, and everyone must wear a face mask when not eating or drinking.
- Bars and restaurants located inside shopping centers can open.
- Mobility. No mobility restrictions throughout Catalonia and regional borders open.
- Borders. Catalonia’s land borders are open.
- Gatherings. Groups of up to 10 people will be able to meet up in any setting.
- Gyms and sports venues. Gyms and other sports facilities can open at 50% capacity until 11 pm.
- Sports venues will be able to open at 50% capacity with at most 1,000 people indoors or 3,000 outdoors or inside if the facilities are adequately ventilated.
- Stores. Shops and shopping malls can open at 50% capacity from 6 am to 10 pm. Large retailers no longer have caps on the maximum amount of space they can open.
Traveling to Catalunya
All passengers from a country or risk zone (with the exception of children under 6 years of age) must have a PCR or a TMA for SARS-CoV-2 with a negative result , carried out in the seventy-two hours prior to arrival in Spain. At any time, the passenger may be asked to accredit the test result. Consult the Questions and answers of the Ministry of Health .
If you come from abroad , you must fill in your Health Control Form (FCS) and deliver the QR that will be generated. Know more
Entry by air from South Africa and Brazil is restricted , so that only Spanish and Andorran citizens or residents can travel. People whose country of origin of travel to Spain is the Republic of India, with or without intermediate stopovers, must remain in quarantine for 10 days after their arrival in Spain or during their entire stay if it is less than that period. This period may end earlier, if on the seventh day the person undergoes a diagnostic test for acute infection with a negative result. More information on the website of the Ministry of Health
Where can I get a COVID test in Sitges?
- Polyclinic Sitges provides a covid test. Antigen Test, with appointment and results within 15min for 40€. You need to book early as slots go very fast at moment. PCR tests take longer and you need to book an early morning appointment.
- Synlab in nearby Castelldefells also offers a covid test.
- Echevarne Clinic in Castelldefels 5 mins from train station. No apt necessary. Results for rapid flow test in 20 mins
- Serveis Medic Penedes have clinics in Vilanova and Vilafranca. They offer a 24 hour service. Test taken 10.00 normally back by midnight. Result service is in English and delivery is electronic.
I plan on visiting in Summer 2021, will it be busy in Sitges? Is it Safe?
Since early May, life has been returning to a new normality. Bars and restaurants are open until midnight. Beaches are also open. There is no curfew, although music bars and discos remain closed.
The current transmission rate in Sitges remains low and the vaccination program has been gathering pace since April. However, the decision to travel also depends on your health status. If you are in an at-risk category, you need to carefully consider your options and encourage all visitors to vaccinate before traveling to our village. We suggest you book a hotel or apartment with a flexible cancellation policy.
The Hotel Calipolis offers great seafront rooms and a unique location in Sitges.
Are Sitges beaches open?
Beaches are currently open to the public. Social distancing is enforced and a distance of 2m should be maintained. Currently masks need to be work on the way to and from the beach, but NOT required while sunbathing.
Book a hotel room by the beach, The Hotel Calipolis offers amazing views!
Bears Week September Edition is set to go ahead, with some changes to be confirmed.
Events in Sitges for Summer 2021
NOTE: Many people are putting off their holiday until late August of September, however people are booking in advance and some hotels are already fully booked for key events. It also means that there are some great rates still available for June and July.
Currently. large gatherings are not permitted. The following events have been confirmed by the town council and will operate under reduced capacity restrictions to be determined closer to the start of each event:
- June 4th – 13th, Corpus Festival (Flower Carpets on the 6th)
- June 14th to July 1st – Sitges Gay Film Festival – Mostra de Cinema LGTBIQ+
- Sept 3rd to 11th – Bears Week, September Edition
Gay Pride Sitges may take place later in the Summer. Discussions are underway regarding an alternative program based on how the current situation progresses. We don’t anticipate any update to this until mid June.
Stay in the Hotel Subur in Central Sitges for Less!
The Hotel Subur is located in the heart of Sitges, right opposite the gay beach and offers great value for money, simple clean rooms and a great breakfast.