Discover Sitges Wildest Party.
Carnival has to be Sitges’ wildest party. Even though it is on in February it is still the hottest party in town! On the most popular days you will find thousands of partygoers dancing on the major streets across the town. The busy months of July and August look positively dead! Gay boys and girls from the 4 corners of the world descend on our little town and party the week away!
Thursday 12th February 2015
- 7.30pm. The King of Carnival will arrive at La Fragata and make his way in procession via the seafront on Psg Ribera to the corner of the Sports Bar/Subur Hotel, where he will wait for the arrival of the Queen of Carnival.
- 8pm – The Queen of Carnival will arrive with her entourage (The Carrusel Group) and then make her way through the village vial Paseo Ribera, C.Bonaire, C. Parellades, Cap de la Vila and ending at the Town Hall, Plaça de l’Ajuntament.
- His Majesty and his entourage head towards La Fragata for their opening show.
- 9.15pm the King of carnival will take over responsibility for the Village via the “Predicot” – the reading of his manifesto, Plaça de l’Ajuntament.
Sunday 15th Feb 2015
- 8.00pm – “Disbauxa” Parade Défilé de la Disbauxa (Rua de la Disbauxa)
- Cap de la Vila, Parellades, Bonaire, Passeig de la Ribera, Fragata,l’Avinguda Sofiaand return to carrer Espanya,Plaça Espanya, Espalter, Sant Francesc, Cap de la Vila.
Tuesday 17th Feb 2015
- 8.00pm – “Extermination” Parade Défilé de l’Extermini (Rua de l’Extermini)
- Cap de la Vila, Parellades, Bonaire, Passeig de la Ribera,Fragata, l’Avinguda Sofia and return to carrer Espanya, Plaça Espanya, Espalter, Sant Francesc, Cap de la Vila.
Wednesday 18th Feb 2015
- 7pm – The Kings Funeral Procession
- The Procession route is – Major, Cap de la Vila, Parellades, Bonaire, Passeig de la Ribera and finishing at La Fragata.
- 8pm – Burial of the King at La Fragata.
Sitges Gay Carnival
The Sitges Gay Carnival takes place 4 days before the regular Sitges Carnival begins. Jam packed with events it includes La noche rosa, Pink night, Noche de las Mantillas – where people wear traditional Spanish normally worn at weddings & funerals, Noche de las touristas, – the tourist night (great fun) and finally the Noce de las Viudas or the Widows night
|Tue – 2nd Feb||Comodin||Mantillas|
|Wed – 3rd Feb||La Locacola||Turistas|
|Wed – 3rd Feb||Parrots||Carnival Opening|
|Wed – 3rd Feb||Privilege||Opening NIght|
|Thur – 4th Feb||XXL||Glamour NIght|
|Fri – 5th Feb||La Villa||Kilt Festival|
|Sun – 7th Feb||Bar Seven||Prize Night|
|Sun – 7th Feb||The Parade||Throughout the town|
|Mon – 8th Feb||Sauna Sitges||Fiesta Del Paquette|
|Mon –16th Feb||Union||Prize Night|
|Tue – 9th Feb||The Parade||Throughout the town|
|Wed – 10th Feb||La Locacola/Parrots Pub//L’Angle/Le Patio||Widows Night|
Check out more photos of Sitges Carnival
Suggested Sitges Hotels
Where to stay by the beach! – Right in the centre of town…
The Hotel Calipolis is located right next to the gay beach in Sitges. Its rooms are modern and large, with great balconies overlooking the Mediterranean.
- From EUR 55 per night
- Great Location, plunge pool & WiFi
Playa San Sebastian Hotel Sitges
The Playa San Sebastian Hotel is located right opposite one of Sitges cleanest and widest beaches. The rooms are bright and modern.
- From EUR 60 per night
- Nice pool, great service.
Other Events in Sitges
Scroll along for other Sitges Events – Month by Month