Bears Bears…. Everywhere!
Sitges Bears Week has grown from a group of bears wanting to have a party to an international event that fills the town of Sitges during the first two weeks of September. There are parties and events held throughout the entire village. There is also a dedicated bears village by the beach with shows, dj’s and more. The event attracts guys of all ages and types and many new friendships are made and old ones rekindled.
Visiting Last Minute? Try the following hotels
Each year we advise people to Book your hotel early as the town sells out and rates increase as the months progress. It is now the most expensive time to visit Sitges. The following hotels have some rooms left:
- The Sabatic – Marriott has opened a new hotel in Sitges, a luxury offering on the top of Av Sofia with spacious pool. All rooms have large balconies or terraces. (10 minute walk to the beach).
- Hotel Antemare – Reopened in July, the hotel has one of the best pools in town (host to the official pride pool party) and reasonably close to the town centre, (10 min walk).
- ME Hotel Sitges – Rated “Fabulous” with one of the best pools in town. Some think its a little far out, however you can catch the little train and a taxi costs about EUR 8. Rooms are stunning.
- Dolce Sitges – The only 5 star hotel in town. After a 14 Million euro refurbishment in 2021, the hotels rooms have been completely refreshed and with 3 pools to choose from, you may never want to leave. It is also close to the “Magical Forest” and the first gay beach in Europe, “Playa del Muerto”.
- Sunway Playa Golf – Close to the ME Hotel, with two beautiful pools with spacious rooms and apartments and an excellent seafront restaurant.
The Bear Route – bars to visit!
- Typically most festivities on the first weekend leading up to the opening of the village. Early evening the bears meet on the streets of C Bonaire and Joan Tarrida with many people gathering on the corner of Bears Bar and visiting the different bars along the streets.
- The bear village typically arrives on the first Monday of the week. During the weekend and indeed well beyond, XXL, El Horno, Man Bar, La Villa and Runway form the nexus of “Bear Alley”, the nickname given to Calle Joan Tarrida and a nightly gathering spot for bears from all over the world.
The PopAIR BBQ
- Join the hottest boys and bears from Barcelona for an epic BBQ.
- The event returns for two parties in 2022, Sept 3rd and Sept 10th – Book your tickets
The Bear Village – New Location
- The Village opens on the Monday and continues right through to the end of the week culminating on the 11th which is also a holiday – The National Day of Catalunya.
- The Bear Village is located on the seafront of Sitges, on Psg Ribera. For 2022, the bear village has been relocated further along the paseo, opposite the Hotel Calipolis. (in the same space as Sitges Pride Village)
- The bear village opens at 9pm and runs until 3am (3.30am on Friday and Saturday).
- Parties taking place in the village include the White Night, the election of Mr Bear Sitges and other famous, well known parties from the bear circuit. Check out the day-by-day calendar of events.
Trending Hotels in Sitges
The Bear Village Program
Awaiting the 2023 Program – use the 2022 event list below as a guide.
|Friday 2 Sep||8pm Bears bar – Leather Meeting and Fetish Night – Dress Code Happy Hour All Night.|
11pm – XXL Welcome Party
|Saturday 3 Sep||2pm > BBQ DAY” & PopAir Performance on Rte. LE PATIO.|
4pm > Sauna Sitges
11pm > Fiesta 100% Bears at Bears Bar
|Sunday 4 Sep||6pm – Underwear Party Bears Bar|
8pm – Bear Ally – El horno, Bears Bar, Man Bar, Cox Bar, Runway, Parrots, Soho, etc
|Monday 5 Sep||9:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. > Special WELCOME Night: At Bear-Village|
|Tuesday 6 Sep||9:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. > WHITE NIGHT Special: At Bear-Village|
|Wednesday 7 Sep||21h to 03h >Special Night PRAGUE BEARS 80´s & 90´s With DJ Paw.L – DJ Peasant & DJ BearOsol : At Bear-Village|
|Thursday 8 Sep||10 a.m. > Parc del Garraf Excursion: BEARS from PRAGE organize the traditional excursion to the PARC del GARRAF. You can join the excursion at 10:00 a.m. at the RENFE train station. More information about this excursion in this link: here .
8:00 p.m. > Bears Dinner-Show: At QUEENZ Restaurant “Exclusive Night for Bears & Friends”. Book directly at the restaurant or on their website www.queenzdinnershow.com
9:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. > Special Night of THE CAPITAN with Dj PASCAL: In Bear-Village
|Friday 9 Sep||9:00 p.m. to 3:30 a.m. > Special Night BEAR CARNIVAL of Gran Canarias with Dj PERFECTO: In Bear-Village|
|Sat 10 Sep||2pm > BBQ DAY” & PopAir Performance on Rte. LE PATIO.|
9pm > Bear Village Anniversary Party with DJ Lusk
|Sun 11 Sep||9pm > Bear Village Closing with DJ Beni 10|
Map of the Bears Sitges Village
Sitges is full of bears during Bears week… here is map of the bear hot spots!
Bears Week Sitges Galleries
A selection of photos taken during Bears Week Sitges in various locations.
Other Events in Sitges
Scroll along for other Sitges Events – Month by Month