Discover Sitges Wildest Party.
Carnival has to be Sitges’ wildest party. Even though it is on in February it is still the hottest party in town! On the most popular days you will find thousands of partygoers dancing on the major streets across the town. The busy months of July and August look positively dead! Gay boys and girls from the 4 corners of the world descend on our little town and party the week away!
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Thursday 20th February 2020
- The Arrival of the King and Queen – 7 pm at La Fragata for a new spectacular opening show, parade leaves from Fragata to Psg Ribera, Sant Pau, Parellades, Cap de la Vila, (Where he will meet the queen) Calle Mayor and Plz Ajuntament. Route Passeig de la Ribera, c / Bonaire, c / Parellades, Cap de la Vila, c / Major and Plaça de l’Ajuntament
Saturday 22nd of February 2020
- 12.00h – The annual Crazy Bed Race, which takes the following route:
Francesc Gumà, Jesús, Cap de la Vila, Parellades, Sant Pau, Passeig de la Ribera, Sant Pere, Parellades, Bonaire, Passeig de la Ribera until la Fragata.
Sunday 23rd of February 2020
- 7.30pm – “Disbauxa” Parade Défilé de la Disbauxa (Rua de la Disbauxa) Route: Starts at the bottom of Avinguda Sofia, Passeig de la Ribera (sea side), La Fragata, Passeig de la Ribera (mountain side), Bassa Rodona, Plaça del Pou Vedre, Espalter, Sant Francesc and Cap de la Vila.
Tuesday 25th of February 2020
- 9.00pm – “Extermination” Parade Défilé de l’Extermini (Rua de l’Extermini) – “Disbauxa” Parade Défilé de la Disbauxa (Rua de la Disbauxa) Route: Starts at the bottom of Avinguda Sofia, Passeig de la Ribera (sea side), La Fragata, Passeig de la Ribera (mountain side), Bassa Rodona, Plaça del Pou Vedre, Espalter, Sant Francesc and Cap de la Vila.
Wednesday 26th of February 2020
- 18.30pm – The Burial of the King Taking the following route -Town Hall Square, C / Major, Cap de la Vila, c / de les Parellades, c / Bonaire, Passeig de la RiberaAt 8 pm the last will and testament of the King will be read and the carnival will be officially closed in a spectacular Farewell Ceremony via the following route- Passeig de la Ribera, c / Bonaire, c / Parellades and Cap de la Vila – where the Manifest de la Verdura will be read.
The Sunday and Tuesday Parade Route
Sitges Gay Carnival
The Sitges Gay Carnival takes place 4 days before the regular Sitges Carnival begins. Jam packed with events it includes La noche rosa, Pink night, Noche de las Mantillas – where people wear traditional Spanish normally worn at weddings & funerals, Noche de las touristas, – the tourist night (great fun) and finally the Noce de las Viudas or the Widows night. Check out Soho Bar, a new arrival this year and enter the Best Costume Competition!
|Tue – 18th Feb||Comodin||Mantillas|
|Wed – 19th Feb||La Locacola||Turistas|
|Wed – 19th Feb||Parrots||Carnival Opening|
|Wed 19th Feb||Soho||Carnival Opening Night Party|
|Wed – 19th Feb||Privilege||Opening NIght|
|Fri – 21st Feb||Soho||Prize Night – Best Mask/Costume – Win a VIP pass for pride|
|Sun – 23rd Feb||The Parade||Throughout the town|
|Mon – 24th Feb||Noche Rosa||Locacola/Le Patio|
|Tue – 25th Feb||The Parade||Throughout the town|
|Wed – 26th Feb||La Locacola/Parrots Pub//L’Angle/Le Patio||Widows Night|
Video of Sitges Carnival
Highlights of Sitges Carnival
Check out more photos of Sitges Carnival
Recommended Hotels in Sitges
Most of the hotels in Sitges are in the centre of the Village. The best options are on the seafront offering beautiful views of the Mediterranean.
5 Star Luxury
Located a 10 minute taxi drive from the centre of town, this is the only 5 star hotel in Sitges and one of the best!
Hotel MiM, 4 Star
Stylish & Sophisticated
New, 4 star hotel in the heart of Sitges with beautiful rooms, a skybar with pool and stunning day spa for relaxing!
Hotel Medium, 3 Star
Great Pool & Location
The Hotel Medium is located in the heart of Sitges just seconds from the centre of town with a great pool.
Hotel ME, 4 Star
Deluxe & Luxury Option
The Hotel ME Terramar Sitges is one of the finest hotels in Sitges with its own beach club and large rooms.
Other Events in Sitges
Scroll along for other Sitges Events – Month by Month