Santa Tecla – More fireworks, giants and fire demons.
This festival is a smaller version of the Fiesta Mayor! It is a big event for Sitgeans with the Church of Santa Tecla forming the backdrop of the key events. Expect lots of noisey fireworks and more of those crazy castellers as they make taller and taller human towers. Each afternoon and evening, mythical Catalan characters dance their way through the town in a full traditional folkloric procession which includes the Bull, Dragon, Devil, Giant and Turk Dances. The festivities culminate in a large fireworks display on the beach front on the 22nd at 11pm.
Nit de Foc – The Fire Night – Dragons of Fire on the Streets of Sitges.
20:30h, From the location of El Baluard, starting of “LA NIT DE FOC” (Night of Fire) through the streets of the old town.
Route: Baluard, Fonollar, Sant Joan, Davallada, Barcelona, Aigua, Major, Plaça de l’Ajuntament and a final fire of the group Espetegafoc and in the location of El Baluard
Event organized by la Nit de Foc
- 21 Gun Salute at 2pm, Musica Concert on La Ribera at 6pm
- Town Procession at 7pm: Jesús, Francesc Gumà, Sant Isidre, Ànimes, Sant Sebastià, Sant Damià, Àngel Vidal, Cap de la vila, Major, Plaça de l’Ajuntament y Baluard.
- Fireworks Display – 11pm
- Human Towners – 18.30 – Cap de la Vila
- Procession in honor of Santa Tecla – 19.00 – Baluard, Fonollar, Sant Joan, Davallada, Barcelona, Santiago Rusiñol, Jesús, Sant Bartomeu, Sant Gaudenci, Sant Francesc, Cap de la Vila, Parellades, Bonaire, passeig de la Ribera, Nou, Major, plaça de l’Ajuntament i Baluard.
Santa Tecla Galleries
Check out more photos of Santa Tecla
Suggested Sitges Hotels
Where to stay by the beach! – Right in the centre of town…
The Hotel Calipolis is located right next to the gay beach in Sitges. Its rooms are modern and large, with great balconies overlooking the Mediterranean.
- From EUR 55 per night
- Great Location, plunge pool & WiFi
Playa San Sebastian Hotel Sitges
The Playa San Sebastian Hotel is located right opposite one of Sitges cleanest and widest beaches. The rooms are bright and modern.
- From EUR 60 per night
- Nice pool, great service.
Other Events in Sitges
Scroll along for other Sitges Events – Month by Month