Sitges most beautiful event.
The town of Sitges celebrates Corpus Christi every year with style! Sections of the major streets are closed to traffic for at least 24 hours. Then intricate templates are drawn on the road. Neighbors from each street gather into the small hours of morning, plucking the petals off Carnation flowers. These petals are then placed on the patterns on the road. The transformation is amazing. It has to be seen to be believed .
Saturday Evening of Corpus
- From 6pm the Giants Gather at Cap de la Vila
- From around 8pm, flowers arrive and volunteers start sketching designs on the streets. They will be working on these until late into the night. You will probably see them still working as you come home from the nightclubs.
Sunday of Corpus
- Early Morning – flower carpets are being created on the streets of Sitges.
- 10:00h. Guided tour “Flowers, tradition and fiesta” organized by Agisitges. Gardens of El Retiro.
- l’Ou com Balla (Palau de Maricel Sunday 11:00-15:00h, Hospital de Sant Joan Saturday 10-14h. 16-19h. Sunday 10-15:00h. ).
- Procession of the Most Holy Sacrament, including the children of the Holy Communion, the annual Queen and members of the congregation, the Gegants, the Moixiganga, and the Àliga paper mache, dragon paper mache. The route will start at the Baluard in front of the church and continue along the Mirador Miquel Utrillo, Racó de la Calma, Fonollar, Davallada , Barcelona, Santiago Rusiñol, Jesús, Cap de la Vila, Parellades, Bonaire, Passeig de la Ribera, Sant Pau, Cap de la Vila, Major, Plaça de l’Ajuntament and back to the Baluard.
Video Highlights of Corpus Sitges
Some of the best moments of the event.
Suggested Sitges Hotels
Where to stay by the beach! – Right in the centre of town…
The Hotel Calipolis is located right next to the gay beach in Sitges. Its rooms are modern and large, with great balconies overlooking the Mediterranean.
- From EUR 55 per night
- Great Location, plunge pool & WiFi
Playa San Sebastian Hotel Sitges
The Playa San Sebastian Hotel is located right opposite one of Sitges cleanest and widest beaches. The rooms are bright and modern.
- From EUR 60 per night
- Nice pool, great service.
Other Events in Sitges
Scroll along for other Sitges Events – Month by Month